I want to welcome you to EDT 520 Digital Age Teaching and Learning Methods for the Spring term. I am looking forward to working with you. Class officially begins Tuesday January 17th, with your first assignments due January 23rd. Here are links to
- Spring 2017 Syllabus
- Course Website
- BlackBoard https://bb.courses.maine.edu/
- Google Classroom https://classroom.google.com/
This post is designed to share important details, and ask you to complete a brief survey in the next week.
- Class is 100% online, with weekly engagement expected in our networks.
- We will have some synchronous meetings, meaning we are all online at the same time using video conferencing software. I am hoping we can schedule the first of these for Thursday January 26th in the afternoon/evening. In the survey, please let me know if you will be able to make it.
- Our weeks will run Tuesday morning to Monday night, with Monday evening being the due date for your work.
- There are no required texts for the course, readings and videos will be made available for you.
- We will use BlackBoard and Google Classroom as the learning management software for class. You will need an active @maine.edu account for access to these networks – for support on this, please use the links below depending on your needs
This class is designed for a broad range of users, and I hope to support your learning. Communication from you about the course, your goals, and issues that arise help to shape the course. I hope the course is designed for people to expand learning from whatever point you begin.
We will use many different and new technologies in the course. I am a big advocate of exploring to learn, so encourage you to click and explore, find help tutorials on youtube and product websites, and to ask our class, me, and your professional network for help.
Please take a few moments to complete this quick survey by Friday 1/13 so I can learn a little more about you. https://goo.gl/forms/reANtXkzbZH9sLuL2
Look for another email from me Thursday morning 1/2 which is also when BlackBoard will open so that you can begin reviewing materials in preparation for the start of the term.
Sincerely, Dr. Johanna Prince